We want The Consultancy Business (“Platform”) to be an authentic, safe space to foster meaningful and genuine interactions where you can receive practical instruction, engage in honest conversation with other independent consultants and consultancies, and gain access to a community that will help you build the consultancy nobody else can.
The nature and purpose of the Interactive Services on the Platform is that each user benefits from the Contributions of others. As such, we encourage Contributions to promote meaningful engagement with the Interactive Services at your discretion.
General Community Guidelines
When participating in Interactive Services, you must always:
- treat other users with respect and communicate in a respectful manner at all times;
- as further outlined below, respect the privacy of other users and treat other users’ confidential information as though it is your own; and
- treat other users as you would treat them in real life.
Content Standard of Contributions
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions);
- comply with the law in Scotland and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- bully, insult, intimate or humiliate;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- include child sexual abuse material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any other person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal content or activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, embarrass or alarm any other person;
- impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act as such (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse; or
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism or similar illegal activity.
Moderation of Contributions
We shall provide clear information to you about the nature of the Interactive Services and whether any related Contributions are moderated. Regardless of whether the chat room, discussion forum or interactive feedback functions are moderated, no Contributions have been verified or approved by us.
We shall do our best to assess any possible risks for you and others from users/third parties when they use any Interactive Services on the Platform and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant Interactive Services (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service we provide on the Platform. However, we may at any time and without prior notice, screen, remove, edit or block any Contribution that in our sole judgement violates these Community Guidelines.
The views expressed by users of the Platform do not necessarily represent our views and values.
Confidentiality and Sharing of Information
Throughout the course of participation in Interactive Services, it is acknowledged that users of the Platform may wish to share confidential information, including but not limited to relating to their business and intellectual property, with each other. Each user shall keep all other users’ confidential information secret and shall not use such confidential information other than in relation to engaging with the Interactive Services. You should not share the confidential information of third parties where you do not have their express permission to do so. Please consider very carefully before you discuss any information which may be considered or known to be confidential or otherwise commercially sensitive.
Sharing of confidential information and or any information which is not generally publicly available is at your own risk and we will not be responsible for any consequences of sharing such information within the Interactive Services as outlined in the Conditions.
If you see or hear something that you think may violate these Community Guidelines, please help us maintain our community by contacting us at email@example.com
Within one working day we will:
- Review the Contribution and the circumstances surrounding its posting
- Request additional information from you and the poster(s) of the Contribution as we deem appropriate
- Write to you with details of the actions we have taken and will take and the timescales for these
At our sole discretion, we may remove the Contribution if we consider that it violates our Community Guidelines.
We cannot stop users from voicing their opinions if they do not violate our Community Guidelines. If you continue to encounter Contributions that you don’t like or you don’t agree with on the Interactive Services we can, where possible, discuss the possibility of moving you into a different discussion group / chat forum but we are under no obligation to do so.
Violation of Community Guidelines
A violation of these Community Guidelines shall be treated as a ‘material breach’ under the Conditions. As such, any violation of these Community Guidelines will provide us with the right to terminate your right to access the Platform.
These Community Guidelines may be updated from time to time.
Last updated June 2023.